History of Water Authority of Fiji
Water Authority of Fiji (WAF or Water Authority) is a new Commercial Statutory Authority (CSA). It was established by the Government of Fiji to provide efficient and effective water and wastewater services in an environmentally sound and sustainable manner. The WAF Promulgation 2007 was effected for this purpose.
The Government of Fiji started reforming the Water and Sewerage Department in 2009. The objective of this reform was to enhance the sustainable delivery of water and sewerage services to appropriate levels of service. The reform aimed at strengthening the then Water and Sewerage Department (WSD) before establishing the Water Authority of Fiji, which is dedicated to the delivery of water supply and sewerage services, autonomous and be able to mobilise the necessary resources to meet the demand, effectively and efficiently at required quality standards.
From January, 1, 2010, WAF officially took over responsibilities, functions and operations previously carried out by WSD.
The first few years of operations are key to establishing the most effective culture and mix of people, processes, procedures, governance, equipment, policies and monitoring and reporting.2015 will be WAF's sixth year in operation.
WAF is responsible for providing access to quality drinking water and waste water services to over 144,000 residential and non-residential metered customers residing largely in urban areas and also setting up water supply systems in rural schemes, reaching over 700,000 people nationwide.
Our area of operation covers 18,274 square kilometres of the 332 islands in the Fiji archipelago of which only 110 islands are inhabited and our current water and wastewater network constitutes more than 4313 kilometres of pipes.
We supply about 116,342 mega litres of treated water annually to homes and businesses nationwide.
Our Vision Statement - Clean Water and Sanitation for a Better Life
Our Mission Statement - We are committed to optimising water and wastewater services through:
Our Values - Our key values are:
WAF has five (5) Strategic Business Units (SBU’s) or departments. Corporate Office SBU is headed directly by the Chief Executive Officer (CEO); Production and Projects SBU’s, each headed by a General Manager are overseen by the Chief Operating Officer (COO); Finance SBU is led by the Chief Finance Officer and Customer Services SBU is managed by a General Manager.
1. Corporate - responsible for driving WAF to achieve the corporate vision and is headed by the Chief Executive Officer. Supporting units in this SBU consist of:
2. Production - responsible for the monitoring, maintenance and operations of WAF’s resources and assets. Within the SBU there are other sub-units tasked with ensuring that WAF utilizes its assets effectively and efficiently:
3. Project Management Unit - responsible for the implementation of all major and minor projects that is funded by the Government of Fiji and donors such as the Asian Development Bank. The four sections under the Project Management Unit are:
4. Finance – looks after the overall financial aspects of all WAF business operations. The sub-units are designed with specific roles that encompass financial reporting standards that the Chief Finance Officer is tasked to oversee:
5. Customer Services - communicates and interacts with all our valued commercial and residential customers in the three regions (Central/Eastern, Western, Northern) about our services. It looks after strategic relations and communications, billing, debt management and compliance. The key aim is the delivery of effective customer services 24/7, at least cost. The continuous identification and implementation of improvements is mandatory. Supporting units within this SBU are:
|What is a Bill Info Card||Close [X]|
A card specially designed for WAF's valued customers to easily access their account details with just one swipe with any of our authorized agents such as MH, Post Fiji, etc. By scanning, you will not only get your account balance, but its due date as well.
In addition, the card will consist of sufficient customer details such as customer name and address, account number, meter number and customer TIN number.
So no need to wait for your quarterly bill delivery. Simply swipe your card, get your balance, make payments straight away and enjoy 24/7 water supply.
If you are interested to receive our new product free of charge, please fill in the registration form.